‘The Village’. Drummoyne, New South Wales.
- Winner of Best Aged Care Facility Award, 2018 Australian Healthcare Week
- Finalist for Best Silver Architecture (In Construction) Award, 2018 Eldercare Innovation Awards
- The 4 storey building accommodates approximately 150 residents grouped in houses of 12 – 18
- Best practice in the clinical and therapeutic management of dementia aiming to be Australia’s most advanced residential aged care facility for people living with dementia
- Provides community spaces including a café, pizzeria, wellness centre, cinema, chapel and hair salon, all gathered around a welcoming central piazza
Completed in 2018
Not For Profit Scalabrini opens the doors on its new Sydney facility – offering luxury apartments for couples to stay with partners. The Weekly Source, July 2018.
The Australian town that has transformed into a ‘dementia-friendly’ community (The Village referenced by Professor Richard Fleming within article). SBS News, May 2019.
Innovation in design to tackle rising dementia challenge. Aged Care Guide, 2019.
New technology in aged care. Channel Nine News, June 2018.